Subject: Re: Names!!!
From: [email-masked] (Steve Bowie)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 18:22:40 -0500

>But I need a name for my company!  Is there anywhere I can find out names of
>existing companies? I don't want to make up a name, and then find out that
>some else is using it! How can I go about making sure nobody else is using
>the name I choose?

>                                               .. adrian ..
>                                          [email-masked]

If I remember correctly, in Canada when you register your company for a
provincial vendor's permit the gov't will do a computerized name search for
you (if you ask)....It cost me about $7.00 or so. I think the search
is nationwide, too.

You can probably get this data online, from the Provincial gov't sites...while
in there, check out the feds re: GST registration too.  This can save you a
few bucks when buying equipment.

Regards,
Steve
                                          __
                                       __/ /
                                      / / /  Freelance Media Services
 ____________________________________/ / /_____________________________
|      LIGHTWORX              ____  / / /                              |
|   *graphics & video*        \ \ \/ / / "Crystallizing the Spectrum,  |
| North York, Ontario,CANADA   \ \/ / /    Realizing the SPECTACULAR!" |
|    [email-masked]         \/_/_/                   ***********   |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------